Disney finally officially announced Disney+. We learned a lot in a presentation that went over an hour. Now that I have had a full night to break down everything Disney said, I wanted to clearly lay out it out for our readers.
When will it launch?
Disney+ will launch on November 12, 2019.
How much will it cost?
Disney+ will cost $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year.
What devices will Disney+ work on?
Roku on PS4 with Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox, and more coming soon.
Will Disney+ have offline viewing?
Yes, Disney+ will support offline viewing by allowing you to download movies and TV shows.
Will Disney+ Have 4K HDR Content?
Yes, Disney said some content on Disney+ will be in 4K HDR for customers with a supported device.
Will Disney+ have profiles?
Yes, Disney+ will offer profiles including profiles for kids that limit what content they can access.
Will Disney+ have ads?
Disney+ will be 100% ad-free.
Will Disney+ be rolling out around the world?
Disney+ will launch in the United States first and roll out to other parts of the world in the years to come.
Disney+ will use the same back end as PlayStation Vue & HBO NOW
Disney announced to no surprise that Disney+ will use Bamtech to run the back end of Disney+. This is the same company that runs the back end of PlayStation Vue, MLB.TV, and HBO NOW.
What content will it include?
Disney is banking on the idea that cord cutters will want Disney content enough to wait for the launch and pay for the subscription when the time comes. The streaming service will “not necessarily be in the volume game but be in the quality game,” according to Iger.
Disney announced that Disney+ will have thousands of Disney Channel shows. (Likely older episodes from older Disney Channel shows.) A live action TV show and a cartoon TV show based in the world of Star Wars will be included. There will also be a live-action Lady and the Tramp, and a series based on High School Musical have been confirmed.
Disney+ will also include movies from Fox including The Sound of Music and Fox shows like Malcolm in the Middle.
Here is the new content Disney has announced so far for Disney+:
- 10 shorts featuring Toy Story 4 character Forky called “Forky Asks a Question”
- Short featuring Toy Story 4 Bo Peep called “Lamp Life”
- Nonfiction programming showing how Pixar makes their films
- *Frozen 2 will be available soon after leaving theaters
- WandaVision (featuring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany)
- The Falcon
- The Winter Soldier
- What If (animated series)
- *Avengers End Game will be available soon after leaving theaters
- Mandalorian (live action series, available at launch)
- New season of Clone Wars
- Rogue One prequel series featuring K2-SO
- Nonfiction programming going inside Lucas Films Studios
- Noelle (animated holiday movie featuring Anna Kendrick, expected soon after launch)
- Timmy Failure (based on popular kids’ book series about Timmy, his imaginary polar bear partner, and their detective agency)
- Star Girl (based on the young adult novel, featuring America’s Got Talent’s Grave Vanderwaal)
- Togo (based on a true story, featuring Willem Dafoe)
- Lady and the Tramp (live action retelling of the classic movie, available at launch)
- Gordon Ramsay Uncharted
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum
- Magic of the Animal Kingdom (inside look at Disney Animal Kingdom and Epcot’s SeaBase)
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?
Leave a comment